This week we talk about El Nino, what it is, how it works, and what it means for this winter. We also discuss pumpkin carving injuries on this week’s Fun Paper Friday!
- The Southern Oscillation and Its Link to the ENSO Cycle (NOAA)
- ENSO Current Status (NOAA Slide Deck)
- The ENSO Cycle (NOAA)
- ENSO Blog
- ENSO General Info
- Indices of El Nino Evolution (Trenberth and Stepaniak, 2000)
- National Data Buoy Center
- Current Satellite SSTs
- El Nino General Info
- NOAA El Nino Portal
- Nino Areas Map
- Triple Hurricane Picture
- Hurricane Patricia
- Exacerbating an already bad drought in the Pacific NW.
- Helping to alleviate drought in the SW and OK.
- El Nino years usually mean much lower chances of Atlantic Hurricane development and landfall
Fun Paper Friday
This week we look at experiments about how safe different pumpkin carving tools are. Not for the faint of heart!
Shannon Dulin – @ShannonDulin