We spend a lot of time working with our hands, in fact that’s why we can do science at all. It’s shocking the amount of science ignorance and lack of skill floating around. This got us wondering we are bad at science and where the practical skills we have are going. Then we found some articles!
- There’s a good reason Americans are horrible at science
- Mistakes Were Made (But Not by Me)
- Understanding Science from Berkeley
- Holiday Inn Express Example
- Milgram Experiment
- The Case for Working With Your Hands (NYTimes)
- Shop Class as Soulcraft
- Adam Savage on Arts and Skills
Fun Paper Friday
- Art, science, math, and pizza. Checkout this delicious fun paper friday!
- Haddley, Joel, and Stephen Worsley. “Infinite families of monohedral disk tilings.” arXiv preprint arXiv:1512.03794 (2015).
- Gizmodo Summary
- Starfleet Insignia
Shannon Dulin – @ShannonDulin