This week we talk about how one very famous aerial photograph was taken and how it relates to one of the most devastating earthquakes of the last century.
- An Introduction to the Use of Generalized Coordinates in Mechanics and Physics by William Elwood Byerly
- Berg Wind (Wikipedia)
- Berg Wind (AMS)
The most famous kite based photograph
- 1906 Earthquake (USGS)
- George R. Lawrence
- Alton Limited locomotive
- Interactive and zoomable photo
- Scott Haefner SF 100 Years Later
- Scott Haefner Photography
- How the photo was taken
- How the camera position was determined
Fun Paper Friday
- Zink, Katherine D., and Daniel E. Lieberman. “Impact of meat and Lower Palaeolithic food processing techniques on chewing in humans.” Nature(2016).
Shannon Dulin – @ShannonDulin