This week we discuss the anniversary of the first manned lunar landing and how a software glitch puts over 40,000 brain studies at risk.
- Apollo 11
- Neat landing visualization with audio
- Crew: Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins, and Neil Armstrong
- Code on GitHub
- Lunar Module Code Walkthrough (Video)
- Saturn V Graphic
- XKCD – up-goer 5
- Easy reading of Apollo 11 events
- Digital Apollo
- The Dish (movie)
Fun Paper Friday
- Eklund, Anders, Thomas E. Nichols, and Hans Knutsson. “Cluster failure: Why fMRI inferences for spatial extent have inflated false-positive rates.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (2016): 201602413.
- SciPy 2015 Colormaps
Write us a geoscience themed limerick! This is a family show, so remember nothing that rhymes with “Nantucket.” Please email us your limericks by August 12, 2016 and we’ll be judging them along with Dr. Katie Schearer, an english professor. The prize? One of the awesome creations from Chris at Taylor Custom. Thanks for listening everyone and thank you Chris!
Shannon Dulin – @ShannonDulin