John and Shannon are fighting lab equipment, but they take a break to continue their discussion of hurricanes. This week we talk about how we measure hurricanes – from airplanes to buoys.
- Reporter Flys with the Hunters (YouTube)
- 403rd Wing Homepage
- NOAA Hurricane Hunters Homepage
- AT?6 Texan
- Gulfstream IV
- Storm Chasers Book (David Toomey)
- National Data Buoy Center
- Weather Buoy
- John’s Article on Tsunami Buoy Data
- Weather Ship
Fun Paper Friday
- This week’s fun paper is all about woodpeckers, how their eyes stay in their skulls, their skull structure, and other fascinating adaptations to handle literally beating their heads into a wall.
- Schwab, Ivan R. “Cure for a headache.” British Journal of Ophthalmology 86.8 (2002): 843?843.
Shannon Dulin – @ShannonDulin