John and Shannon are still fighting lab equipment, but take a break to talk to a guest suggested by listener Angie about how climate change is forming our landscape.
- Dr. Crosby’s Website
- Gooseff, Michael N., et al. “Effects of hillslope thermokarst in northern Alaska.” Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union 90.4 (2009): 29?30.
- Jorgenson, M. Torre, Yuri L. Shur, and Erik R. Pullman. “Abrupt increase in permafrost degradation in Arctic Alaska.” Geophysical Research Letters 33.2 (2006).
- Pelletier, Jon D., et al. “Forecasting the response of Earth’s surface to future climatic and land use changes: A review of methods and research needs.” Earth’s Future 3.7 (2015): 220?251.
- Olefeldt, D., et al. “Circumpolar distribution and carbon storage of thermokarst landscapes.” Nature Communications 7 (2016): 13043.
- Alaska has finally been mapped as precisely as Mars
Fun Paper Friday
- Butcher, F. E. G., et al. “The Dorsa Argentea, Mars: Comparison to> 5900 Terrestrial Esker Systems and Statistical Tests for Topographic Relationships.” (2016).
Shannon Dulin – @ShannonDulin