John and Shannon wrap up the semester by taking a break to talk about scanning electron microscopes and the health benefits of beer.
Scanning Electron Microscopes
- Scanning Electron Microscope
- Electron gun
- Electromagnetic Lenses
- Auger Effect
- Secondary Electron Emission
- Backscattered Electron Emission
- Bremsstrahlung X-rays
- Scanning Electron Microscopy – Cathodoluminescence
- Transmission Electron Microscope
- Shannon’s Locust Wing
- DIY SEM
- SEM animation of a record
- Embedded.fm Interview with Ben Krasnow
Fun Paper Friday
- Can beer have health benefits? Geologists certainly hope so!
- Fuchimoto, Jun, et al. “Humulone suppresses replication of respiratory syncytial virus and release of IL?8 and RANTES in normal human nasal epithelial cells.” Medical molecular morphology 46.4 (2013): 203?209.
- NY Daily News Article
Shannon Dulin – @ShannonDulin