It’s our 100th episode! Join us as we revisit some of our favorite Fun Paper Friday segments. Are you musically inclined? We are looking for new show music! Send us your audio, ideas, and suggestions for royalty free music!
Fun Paper Revisits
- Episode 19 ? “The whole office is batteries”
- Meyer-Rochow, V. B., & Gal, J. (2003). Pressures produced when penguins pooh?calculations on avian defaecation. Polar Biology, 27(1), 56?58. http://doi.org/10.1007/s00300?003?0563?3
- Episode 22 ? “It was like two Volkswagens Battling”
- Bolliger, S. A., Ross, S., Oesterhelweg, L., Thali, M. J., & Kneubuehl, B. P. (2009). Are full or empty beer bottles sturdier and does their fracture-threshold suffice to break the human skull? Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine, 16(3), 138?142. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.jflm.2008.07.013
- Episode 76 ? “You can’t runaway in an oxbow lake”
- Catania, Kenneth C. “Leaping eels electrify threats, supporting Humboldt’s account of a battle with horses.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (2016): 201604009.
- Episode 59 ? “You get a lot of bloat-ware, but you don’t get a compiler”
- Goodman, Allen C., et al. “A Few Goodmen: SurnameâSharing Economist Coauthors.” Economic Inquiry 53.2 (2015): 1392?1395.
Fun Paper Friday
- Do you have facial hair? Do you think it changes other’s impressions of you? This week we look at the evidence!
- Dixson, Barnaby J., and Paul L. Vasey. “Beards augment perceptions of men’s age, social status, and aggressiveness, but not attractiveness.” Behavioral Ecology (2012): arr214.
- Bonus: Scientists Make Discovery About World’s Silt Deposits But Understand If You Aren’t Interested In That
Shannon Dulin – @ShannonDulin