This week we talk more about your field photos, the movie San Andreas, mining country in Colorado, and chocolate blooming!
- Last week we talked about the Manefay Slide instead of the Jordan slide that Mark sent photos of. Sorry Mark!
- Hannah and Martin’s Photos
- Siccar Point
- Old Red Sandstone
- Hutton’s Unconformity
- How a geologist sees the world
- Ok movie, lots of bad science
- Talks about earthquake triggering!
- Also does a good job with duck and cover examples
- Check out the trailer!
Shannon’s Field Trips
Fun Paper Friday
What causes chocolate to get that white growth? This week we find out that it’s very similar to geological growths and investigated with similar techniques!
Reinke, S. K., Roth, S. V., Santoro, G., Vieira, J., Heinrich, S., & Palzer, S. (2015). Tracking Structural Changes in Lipid-based Multicomponent Food Materials due to Oil Migration by Microfocus Small-Angle X-ray Scattering. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 7(18), 9929–9936. http://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.5b02092
Shannon Dulin - @ShannonDulin